Types of health insurance for foreigners in Türkiye
Health insurance usually covers the costs of examination, diagnosis, and treatment. In this regard, about 30 different companies provide medical services to foreign nationals living in Türkiye, whose type of coverage differs from each other according to the contract. In this article, we are going to get to know the types of insurance in Türkiye and check their services.
Types of insurance :
1. Health insurance for a travel visa to Türkiye:
If you are planning to travel to Türkiye, you must provide proof of health insurance to enter Türkiye. The cost of visa application insurance to Türkiye is not high, but it covers a large amount. This insurance also covers the cost of treatment and transportation of the patient in case of death.
2. Private health insurance:
You need this insurance to get tourist accommodation and other accommodations. In April 2014, a law was approved and implemented in Türkiye, according to which all people who apply for short-term residence in this country must obtain their health insurance or insurance to be issued a residence permit.
- Normal insurance for residence applications or their extension: This is the insurance that covers the period of your stay in this country and many aspects of general medicine. This health insurance doesn’t cover a lot of money, but it’s cheap and easy to make.
- Accident, medical, and examination insurance: This insurance covers the cost of examinations, tests, and accidents in Turkish hospitals.
- Comprehensive insurance: Insurance companies also offer a type of comprehensive health insurance that covers a variety of treatments, surgeries, and accidents, but is undoubtedly one of the most expensive types of insurance.
3. General health insurance in Turkey:
This insurance is usually for Turkish citizens. But foreigners residing in Türkiye can also benefit from it. So you can have this type of insurance for your family members, including your father. Take your wife’s mother and children under your cover. And everyone in your family can get health services for free or at a very high discount. use this country’s medicine and treatment.
In Türkiye, the insurance paid by the employer is called SGK. This insurance operates under the supervision of the Social Security Organization. The responsibility of paying the insurance premium is entirely on the employer and you do not need to pay for it. When you are covered by this insurance, your family members can also benefit from its services; Provided that the following conditions are met:
- Your daughter’s child up to the age of 18, provided that she is not married
- Your son should be studying till the age of 25
This insurance is for people who own businesses and insure themselves personally. The specified working period for this insurance will be 9000 days. Also, the retirement age for women is 63 years and for men is 65 years.
The cost of health insurance in Turkey
The cost of health insurance for foreigners to stay in Türkiye does not vary much in different companies. According to different age groups, the cost of insurance is different.
The minimum fee you pay in 2022 is about 1,750 lira for an 18-year-old person and the maximum is about 4,400 lira for a 65-year-old person.
In case of accidents, if you go to a hospital that is a party to the contract with your insurance. Insurance covers 100% of your cost.
In case of accidents such as examinations etc., the insurance covers up to 60% of your expenses.
The cost of your health insurance in Turkey is divided into the following age groups:
From 18 years old to 25 years old.
- 26 years old to 35 years old.
- 36 years old to 45 years old.
- 46 years old to 50 years old.
- 51 years old to 55 years old.
- 56 years old to 60 years old.
- 61 years old to 65 years old.
Obtaining a Turkish residence permit and insurance is one of Evara’s services to its customers. Contact us through the links below: